What We Believe
Rabbis Scott and Rabbin Deborah Brandt
Deborah's Messianic Ministries Evangelistic & Teaching Association Inc.
Beit Midrash Tefillah Hallel Congregation
Statement Of Faith
1. We believe in the One and only God/YHWH, "The God/YHWH of Abraham, The God/YHWH of Isaac and the God/YHWH of Jacob" who is the Creator and sustainer of all things (Genesis 1:1, Exodus 3:6, Isaiah 42:5)
2.We believe that the God/YHWH of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is One God/YHWH, who has revealed Himself as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are "Echad" the One God/YHWH. We believe that both the Tanach, the First Testament (Old Testament) and the B'rit Chadashah, The Renewed Covenant (New Testament) support the Echad nature of the God(Genesis 1:26, Deuteronomy 6:4, Psalm 2:8, 45:6-7, 51:11, Isaiah 9:6-7, Micah 5:2, Proverbs 30:4, Daniel 7:14, John 1:1-3, 8:58 & 20:28, Philippians 2:6-11, Colossians 1:15, Hebrews chapter 1)
3. We believe the Bible from Genesis to Revelation (Tanach and the B'rit Chadasha) is the infallible and the authoritive Word of God/YHWH. We believe that only the Bible is divinely inspired and that man must turn to it for guidance, growth, reproof, correction, and instruction concerning God/YHWH will to mankind (11 Peter 1:20-21, 11 Timothy 3:16)
4. We believe that Yeshua HaMashiach/Jesus The Messiah was both fully human and fully Divine. He is the fulfillment of the Promise (the redeemer first mentioned in Genesis 3:5 the seed of Woman) and that His virgin birth was to be a sign to Israel of His Messiahship, the Promised Messiah (both the Suffering Servant and the Reigning King) of Israel.
5.We believe that man's disobedience (sin) to God/YHWH revealed Will caused a separation between man and God/YHWH (Genesis 2:16-17, Isaiah 59:1-2, Romans 5:12)
6. We believe that the only provision God/YHWH made for reconciling man to Himself was through the atoning blood of Yeshua (of which the Passover Lamb was a type), who took the penalty for our sin and disobedience upon Himself. That He was crucified and rose again having lain in the tomb for 3 days and 3 nights, manifesting His Victory over sin and death (Leviticus 17:11, Isaiah 53:6, 1 Corinthians 15:57, 11 Corinthians 5:19, 1 Peter 1:18-21, 11 Timothy 1:10)
7.We believe that there is no other name under heaven by which man (both Jew and Gentile) may be reconciled to the Father (Acts 4:12, Psalm 2:1-12).
8.We believe salvation is by faith through the grace of God/YHWH alone and not by human efforts. One may not earn, merit, or keep this eternal salvation by our own efforts. A new creation is the work of God/YHWH alone. (Ephesians 2:8-10, Romans 8:29-39) We believe in the spiritual unity and equality of all believers in Messiah Yeshua (Ephesians 2:11-22)
9.We believe in the miracles performed by Yeshua/Jesus, those of yesterday and today. We believe in the work and presence of the Ruach HaKodesh/Holy Spirit in the life of the believer. He brings forth the fruit of righteousness in the life of all in Yeshua/Jesus. The Holy Spirit also manifests His gifts, power, and authority in the local body of believers, enabling them to become a supernatural community of love and service. (Romans 8:1-4, Chp 12, 1 Corinthians 12, Galatians 5:22-23)
10. We believe in Water Baptism/Mikvah. Acts 2:23, 10:48, 22:6, Mark 16:16, Romans 6:4, Colossians 2:12)
11.We believe in the Baptism of the Ruach HaKodesh/Holy Spirit. Acts 1:3-2:4
12.We believe in the existence of hell. Ezekial 31:16-17, Luke
13.We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost. Those who are saved, to everlasting life, those who are lost to separation from God/YHWH. (Daniel 12:2)
14. We believe that the nation of Israel is chosen by God/YHWH to be a channel of blessing to all the nations of the earth. The return of the Jewish people and the restoration of all of Israel which includes the 10 Lost Tribes to the land is in fulfillment of Biblical prophecy. The day will come when all of Israel will be saved and The Whole House Of Israel will be restored and accept Yeshua/Jesus as the Messiah. Then Yeshua/Jesus will come again to establish His worldwide rule from Jerusalem. Then the Word of the Lord will go forth from Zion and all nations will gaze on Him with joy. (Genesis 12:1-3, Isaiah 1:1-4 & Chapter 11, Zechariah 12:10 & 12:1, Romans 11)
15. We believe we should remember the Lord's sacrifice at "Passover/Pasha" and celebrate the Seven "Feasts of YHVH" in praise and honor of Yeshua/Jesus, just as the early believers did. We believe that each of the Seven "Feasts of YHVH" God/YHWH prophetically points to God/YHWH plan of salvation of man, through "His only begotten Son" Yeshua our Lord and Savior!
16. We believe we should remember the "Sabbath" day and keep it Holy. We believe the Sabbath is a feast of the Lord and is from Sundown on Friday to Sundown on Saturday.Exodus 20:1-11